Easy Steps for Cleaner Environments11/17/2013 Back To Blog
It is obvious that no one expects miracles from you but you could devote some time to detect the condition of the air ducts and follow simple steps for HVAC unit cleaning. To be honest, it is a rather tiring process and time consuming but the results will make a difference to the air you breathe at home or office and will have positive effects on your health.
Clean your indoor air
- Air filter cleaning is the easiest procedure. The filters are removed easily but you can consult the manual if you get confused. You need to rinse them well under running water and let them dry.
- Remove the covers from the internal and external units in order to clean well the dirt. Condenser unit cleaning will take you longer according to specialists at air duct cleaning Altadena because external units gather more dirt, tree leaves and other elements. It is most likely that you will also find mold signs, too, and you must remove them with a wet sponge.
- The thorough and best air duct cleaning takes some time and you will need a flashlight to detect the extent of dirt and remove it with the use of the vacuum cleaner. When you do this task often, you won't be finding so much dirt.
- If the air ducts are old, you most possibly need to search for any cracks that could prevent the system from working properly. You need to fix the damage the best you can without leaving out air duct seal repair.
- You already have what you need at home
- Good thick gloves to avoid touching the dirt or getting injured by sharp edges.
- A strong flashlight to detect the rips and do proper air duct repair.
- The vacuum cleaner and mild ecofriendly detergents mixed with water to remove the mold and excessive dust.
- A screwdriver to remove the vent covers